What about Music ?

Mb3

RR Diner
Apr 12, 2022
So what kind of music do you like to listen to, or which artists are among your favorites?
I grew up listening mainly to Hip Hop music in the nineties but nowadays I listen to all differnt kinds of music.

secretlettermkr

Waiting Room
Apr 12, 2022
Fave Bands: SWANS, Mr.Bungle, Boredoms, Naked City, Butthole Surfers, FantĆ³mas, Fugazi, Secret Chiefs 3, Angels Of Light, NEU!, CAN, FAUST, Einsturzende Neubauten, Omoide Hatoba, Funkadellic, Melvins, Beastie Boys, Wu-Tang Clan, The Residents, Suicide... etc

sneakydave

Waiting Room
Apr 12, 2022
I'm a 90s kid so fave bands include:

Dinosaur Jr, Sonic Youth, Nirvana, Pavement, Ween, Weezer, Beastie Boys, dEUS, PJ Harvey, Rocket from the Crypt, Hot Snakes, Drive Like Jehu, The Promise Ring and a million other bands.

Also really love Tom Waits and more recently I'm listening to lots of ambient instrumental stuff.

secretlettermkr

Waiting Room
Apr 12, 2022
I'm a 90s kid so fave bands include:

Dinosaur Jr, Sonic Youth, Nirvana, Pavement, Ween, Weezer, Beastie Boys, dEUS, PJ Harvey, Rocket from the Crypt, Hot Snakes, Drive Like Jehu, The Promise Ring and a million other bands.

Also really love Tom Waits and more recently I'm listening to lots of ambient instrumental stuff.
I love most of those too...

MoondogJR

Sparkwood & 21
Apr 12, 2022
Can I assume from the username you are also a fan of the band Moondog Jr? šŸ˜¬
Yes, very much. They only released one album under the name Moondog Jr. and since their second album they are called Zita Swoon.
I saw you mentioning dEUS, which I also like, mainly their first 3 albums. Their recent work, I care less about.

And Tom Waits: probably my all time favourite!

sneakydave

Waiting Room
Apr 12, 2022
Yes, very much. They only released one album under the name Moondog Jr. and since their second album they are called Zita Swoon.
I saw you mentioning dEUS, which I also like, mainly their first 3 albums. Their recent work, I care less about.

And Tom Waits: probably my all time favourite!

I love that first Moondog Jr album. Though I was never able to track down the Zita Swoon stuff in the UK so that has passed me by. And I agree with you re the dEUS albums - though it is usually the first two that I stick to. They lost something when Stef left in my opinion.

Tom Waits is indeed incredible. Rain Dogs is probably my favourite album of all time. Or top 3 at least.

Always wonder if Lynch is a fan of him.

Stavrogyn

White Lodge
Apr 12, 2022
My favourite kind of music are the standards from the Great American Songbook. I've been a big fan of Frank Sinatra since 2003, and I also like Bobby Darin, Fred Astaire, Ella Fitzgerald, Liza Minnelli, Joel Grey, and others.

I also like country music, and my favourite is, of course, Hank Williams. A great poet.

And, finally, I've been a fan of Eminem since 2000, and I still follow his work.

I like many different kinds of music (Leonard Cohen, Enigma, Queen, Joy Divison, The Smiths, Nirvana, 90s Eurodance, ex-Yu rock, etc.), but the shortest summary would be: Frank Sinatra, Hank Williams, Eminem.

Last edited:

AXXĀ°N N.

Waiting Room
Apr 14, 2022
Tom Waits is indeed incredible. Rain Dogs is probably my favourite album of all time. Or top 3 at least.

Always wonder if Lynch is a fan of him.
He is! He recommended "Red Shoes by the Drugstore" in one of his weather reports. Frost is, too; in a Reddit AMA he said the one performer he'd pick to be one of the Roadhouse acts would be Waits.

Jasper

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
Apr 12, 2022
He is! He recommended "Red Shoes by the Drugstore" in one of his weather reports. Frost is, too; in a Reddit AMA he said the one performer he'd pick to be one of the Roadhouse acts would be Waits.
I didn't know either of these facts! šŸ‘ 

Waits is phenomenal. I've been lucky enough to see him live. There are certainly times when you can hear that Lynch has some affinity for heavy chugging, booming and clanging, as with The Pink Room from FWWM, or American Woman from The Return.

MoondogJR

Sparkwood & 21
Apr 12, 2022
Cool. Any idea which weather report it was? Or around which period?
Tried to find it, but no luck so far.

Stavrogyn

White Lodge
Apr 12, 2022
Frost is, too; in a Reddit AMA he said the one performer he'd pick to be one of the Roadhouse acts would be Waits.
It's a shame they didn't make it happen, especially given the fact that Waits often acts. I could picture him singing, let's say, Get Behind the Mule.

We'll have to wait for season 4, I guess! ;)

secretlettermkr

Waiting Room
Apr 12, 2022
My Roadhouse wishlist ( I didnt care for most of The Return musical acts and a few were trully awfull, specially Lizzy! )

- Anna von Hausswolff

- SWANS

- SWANS feat KAREN O

- PORTISHEAD

- FEVER RAY

- Sonic Boom & Spectrum
Sonic Boom & Spectrum- Don't go (What Came Before After album)

- LEE RANALDO

- ST. VINCENT

- Bohren and Der Club of Gore ft Mike Patton

- Chelsea Wolfe

-YOUNG FATHERS

- COLD SPECKS

Last edited:

Stavrogyn

White Lodge
Apr 12, 2022
I've been listening to Kisses on the Bottom (2012) by Paul McCartney recently, and I love it. It's mostly a collection of standards from the Great American Songbook. McCartney's renditions are nice and easy, and they make for a really pleasant listening, my favourite being We Three (My Echo, My Shadow and Me).

secretlettermkr

Waiting Room
Apr 12, 2022
For whom there crows
Spies over fields of rice
Of water lotus stream
A plant with dew
I will bring for you
Little lovely dream
A little lovely dream
Dear eyes good night, in a golden light
The stars around you will bleed