NEWS Variety: Lynch to debut project at Cannes

[...]
Most surprisingly, according to two well-informed sources, there will even be a David Lynch feature film which has been completely off the radar and stars Laura Dern — either as a cameo or a supporting role — along with some other Lynch regulars.
[...]
The feature could either be a standalone movie that the “Mulholland Drive” helmer shot under the radar or an extended pilot of his upcoming series “Wisteria” which is rumored to star Lynch regulars including Laura Dern and Naomi Watts.
[...]

Read more at Variety.com

Photo Credit: "Cannes Festival du Film 2021" byplb06, used under Creative Commons licence CC BY-NC-ND 2.0

TimG

RR Diner
Apr 12, 2022
I'm experiencing rumor mill burnout. First a year (or more?) of Wisteria/Unrecorded Night posts that led to nothing, now this (though the lack of a Q&A post press-conference today was intriguing as questions around Lynch would have been asked). This could still get announced as a late addition but if he has a feature (which I think is absolutely possible that he shot one on the quiet; Lost Highway's first act was filmed in one of his three LA places and he managed to shoot INLAND EMPIRE on the quiet for the longest time) I now think it more likely that it goes to Venice, especially if it was funded by Netflix. Lynch sounded a bit irritated when he denied the feature rumour again in his weather report. I would actually welcome it if as a result, him and Sabrina tell the entire team and cast to shut the fuck up (ditto the Wisteria stuff) and the official announcement of any new film or show is the first anyone outside of that team hears about it.

Histeria

RR Diner
Apr 11, 2022
I'm experiencing rumor mill burnout. First a year (or more?) of Wisteria/Unrecorded Night posts that led to nothing, now this (though the lack of a Q&A post press-conference today was intriguing as questions around Lynch would have been asked). This could still get announced as a late addition but if he has a feature (which I think is absolutely possible that he shot one on the quiet; Lost Highway's first act was filmed in one of his three LA places and he managed to shoot INLAND EMPIRE on the quiet for the longest time) I now think it more likely that it goes to Venice, especially if it was funded by Netflix. Lynch sounded a bit irritated when he denied the feature rumour again in his weather report. I would actually welcome it if as a result, him and Sabrina tell the entire team and cast to shut the fuck up (ditto the Wisteria stuff) and the official announcement of any new film or show is the first anyone outside of that team hears about it.

From tomorrow this place is gonna become a bastion of rumour mill fatigue so we'll be in good company :LOL: