Twin Peaks Music Archive

MoondogJR

Sparkwood & 21
Apr 12, 2022
Back in the day (around 2017) there was a webshop (Spinshop) where you could buy the entire Twin Peaks Music Archive, but this is not longer available.
Is there any way where I can purchase the archive in a legal fashion?
I searched the web, but didn't find anything. And I am aware that you can listen to the archive on Youtube.

boske

RR Diner
Apr 15, 2022
It looks like the website is sadly gone. Each song in the archive (if you can still find it somewhere, go for the Apple Lossless version (.alac format), had a corresponding artwork to go along with it, you can still get those at Twin Peaks Artwork site. There is artwork there for all the soundtrack songs, including ones from Seasons 1 and 2.

I have added them manually to my archive, so as each song plays, you could see the corresponding cover art, for example:

026 Dark Mood Woods.png

Get them while they are still available! :)

boske

RR Diner
Apr 15, 2022
On the topic of music, I stumbled upon this

I still keep hope that all three pieces will eventually be released!

Mr. Reindeer

White Lodge
Apr 13, 2022
Thanks for sharing Jerry. Really enjoyed these, especially the ones for “Dark Mood Woods,” “James Visits Laura,” “Just You (Instrumental),” and “One Armed Man Theme (Solo Clarinet Improv).” Some really cool insights into the recording process of Angelo and the musicians.

I believe I read (though I can’t recall where) that some of the “Slow Speed” and “Half Speed” tracks are actually cues from Angelo’s scores for other movies, in some cases reversed as well as slowed (I believe it was ‘The Comfort of Strangers’ and ‘Tough Guys Don’t Dance,’ if memory serves). Dean alludes to this in his notes, but doesn’t mention specific films by name (possibly for legal reasons!).

EDIT: Ah, here we go: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread - Page 195 - World of Blue - Archived Forum 2007-2022

I wonder if any of the audiophiles from that thread have checked out the expanded Blue Velvet soundtrack to see if any of the remaining “mystery” tracks can be identified on there.

Last edited:

AXX°N N.

Waiting Room
Apr 14, 2022
Upon reflecting on Badalamenti's passing, one of the first things I thought about was my time reading these descriptions and exploring these tracks and appreciating the music so much more with context. Very glad to see they've been archived.

Last edited:

Dom

White Lodge
Jul 10, 2022
I'd love it if these were made available again. Downloading is so much easier now. Where I live, I now have 35mb/s and will shortly be upgraded to several hundred when our new fibre optic line is plumbed in. In 2011, I had 0.5mb/s.