: - ) ALL Twin Peaks Festival 2023?

cowrus

Sparkwood & 21
Apr 12, 2022
Hi, apologies if this is the incorrect place for this thread.

I saw a tweet last night from Obnoxious & Anonymous, with an image + caption stating that there will be a “new [Twin Peaks] festival” in Snoqualmie/North Bend, February 24-26.
I can’t find any additional info on this (at least on Twitter/Reddit/two sites of the orgs listed in the bottom right of the image), and I haven’t heard about this news anywhere else. Couldn’t find anything about the “Steeplejack Reunion Committee” either, although I’m certain the name is a reference to the Twin Peaks High School’s mascot.

I have no idea if this new festival is affiliated with the towns’ previous Twin Peaks Festivals (or Showtime’s cancelled Graceland event), but it is supposedly sponsored by the Sno-Valley Chamber of Commerce, although nothing about this can be found on their website.
The Salish Lodge left a reply tweet, too. Not sure what to make of it.

Tulpa

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
ADMIN
Apr 11, 2022
Has anyone else reported this?

And is it official/licenced?

Paramount took over festivals and stopped giving out licences to fan-run ones so it would be interesting if they took their official event to Snoqualmie after the Graceland one fell through due to covid.

Nice touch with the date, too.

Last edited:

Tulpa

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
ADMIN
Apr 11, 2022
Doesn't seem official if it's sponsored by the local chamber of commerce tbh.

There was a great turnout this year on those dates. Fans just deciding to visit on their own and meeting other fans there. Maybe they're trying to make it a proper annual local event without actually citing Twin Peaks by name.

Still very cool. This year saw lots of local shops and businesses do TP themed sales or events.

Stavrogyn

White Lodge
Apr 12, 2022
I hope this is true, even though I'll probably never be able to attend.

But the canceled Graceland event still bugs me. Was something supposed to be announced on the 30th anniversary? Were we going to get season 4? Goddamn Covid-19... It didn't have much of a bad influence on my life - even when I contracted it, I had almost no symptoms - but I'll never get over the idea that it possibly sabotaged a new Lynch project.

krishnanspace

Glastonbury Grove
Apr 13, 2022
I hope this is true, even though I'll probably never be able to attend.

But the canceled Graceland event still bugs me. Was something supposed to be announced on the 30th anniversary? Were we going to get season 4? Goddamn Covid-19... It didn't have much of a bad influence on my life - even when I contracted it, I had almost no symptoms - but I'll never get over the idea that it possibly sabotaged a new Lynch project.
Imagine if a new season would have been announced. We would have been maybe watching it by now 😔

Ickles

Waiting Room
Apr 12, 2022
I have a buddy who lives in the North Bend area so I can ask around to see if he's heard anything locally. I'd love it if this were true as I'm in the Seattle area so it's quite close for me and I used to attend the pre-Paramount clamp down TP fests and they were quite fun. Fingers crossed there's some truth to this.

Ickles

Waiting Room
Apr 12, 2022
My friend from North Bend, who is a big TP/Lynch fan so would probably know, says he hasn't heard any rumblings about TP Fest coming back but if he sees anything concrete he'll let me know.

Tulpa

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
ADMIN
Apr 11, 2022
Yeah it's just the local administration organizing it to attract visitors.

Fair enough. I hope it ends up becoming a huge annual destination/event.

Jasper

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
Apr 12, 2022
This is being tolerated for the time being, only because it could plausibly be legitimate news.

Tulpa

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
ADMIN
Apr 11, 2022
Would be nice if the local administration or Chamber of Commerce would issue a press release, though. Or anyone else.

Ickles

Waiting Room
Apr 12, 2022
Gotta say...as optimistic as I have been about maybe something new from Lynch coming, probably one of the most die-hard "something IS happening" folks on the board...I'm getting more and more pessimistic by the day. I was cautiously optimistic through the pandemic that Lynch would get vaxxed and forge ahead but I feel like the strikes might be the nail in the coffin. Even if he wasn't completely discouraged by the pandemic, the Netflix deal falling through, etc. etc...not being able to shoot for who knows how much longer because of negotiation bullshit might be the straw that breaks the camel's back and gets him to throw his scripts in the shredder. Hope I'm proven wrong.

Also, this is not new TP related but looks like something TP/Lynch related will be happening at the North Bend Theatre in Feb. 2024. My guess is maybe a re-kindling of TP Fest? Or perhaps a festival of Lynch's works?

Mordeen

Glastonbury Grove
Apr 18, 2022
I'm guessing they're screening a couple Lynch films. An acquaintance of mine worked with the city of North Bend to officialize a Twin Peaks day

- Mordeen

Edit: I seriously doubt it'll be the rerun of TP Fest. Showtime legally put an end to that.

Ickles

Waiting Room
Apr 12, 2022
I'm guessing they're screening a couple Lynch films. An acquaintance of mine worked with the city of North Bend to officialize a Twin Peaks day

- Mordeen

Edit: I seriously doubt it'll be the rerun of TP Fest. Showtime legally put an end to that.
Ah, yep. That's what I meant, the Twin Peaks Day thing, not fest. Thanks for the clarification.