Twin Peaks Actors Who Have Passed On

Mr. Reindeer

White Lodge
Apr 13, 2022
I remember when someone edited the James/Evelyn storyline into a standalone film, which, sadly, has since been deleted for copyright violation. I watched it due to the sheer strangeness and audacity of the endeavor, and because of the bizarre parallels between this storyline and the second half of Lost Highway.
Interesting point about Lost Highway. Harley Peyton has admitted that the Evelyn storyline was shamelessly ripped off from the Otto Preminger film Angel Face which has essentially the exact same plot (and the femme fatale and her husband are named Tremayne!).

I was looking at Annette’s interviews in Brad Dukes’s book. Something I’d forgotten is that she auditioned for Lynch!

Last edited:

Tulpa

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
ADMIN
Apr 11, 2022
Damn. I knew her best from voicing Tess in The Last of Us.

She did a great job as Tammy in Secret History of Twin Peaks.

Stavrogyn

White Lodge
Apr 12, 2022
I've only known her from Picard... It's shocking and sad to hear she passed away, she was quite young.

What exactly were her ties to Twin Peaks? She narrated some of the audiobooks?

Jerry Horne

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
OG DUGPA MOD
Apr 12, 2022
I've only known her from Picard... It's shocking and sad to hear she passed away, she was quite young.

What exactly were her ties to Twin Peaks? She narrated some of the audiobooks?

Mr. Reindeer

White Lodge
Apr 13, 2022
Piper Laurie (1932-2023)

One of the great grand dames of the Golden Age of Hollywood. So few left. The Hustler, Carrie, the original Playhouse 90 production of Days of Wine and Roses. A master performer, and a stunning beauty in her prime. RIP, Ms. Rosetta Jacobs.

Mr. Reindeer

White Lodge
Apr 13, 2022
Don Murray (1929-2024)
We’re so lucky to have gotten that performance in The Return from him. At age 86, after a sixteen-year break from acting. At the Comic Con panel and other interviews he gave, you can tell what a generous, warm guy he was. He took every possible opportunity to compliment his fellow actors, and was so sincere about it. No one else could have been Bushnell Mullins.

Jasper

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
Apr 12, 2022
Don Murray (1929-2024)

I loved Murray’s acting, and the Bushnell character. I’ve said in the past that I’d have enjoyed a spin-off show featuring the second Dougie Tulpa (“Where am I?!), his home life, his job at Lucky 7 Insurance, and whatever sort of wackiness might happen in that scenario.

Twin Peaks GIF by Twin Peaks on Showtime

To be honest, I’d earlier wished that Lynch and Frost would hurry up and make more TP, so that we could revisit Lucky Seven, check in on Dougie, and see Bushnell Mullins in action again.

Twin Peaks Workout GIF by Twin Peaks on Showtime

Obviously Murray was quite healthy and vigorous in The Return, but sooner or later we all quit these pale shadows.

May Don Murray abide in bliss and love, in our true heavenly home from whence we’ve all come to briefly play these parts and experience what we're here to experience.

Jasper

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
Apr 12, 2022
Victoria Catlin (1952-2024)
season 1 episode 3 GIF by Twin Peaks on Showtime

season 1 GIF by Twin Peaks on Showtime

season 1 episode 3 GIF by Twin Peaks on Showtime

Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer’s lease hath all too short a date;
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimm'd;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance or nature’s changing course untrimm'd;
But thy eternal summer shall not fade,
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow’st;
Nor shall death brag thou wander’st in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou grow’st:
So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.