The Book of Boba Fett (2021 - present)

Stavrogyn

White Lodge
Apr 12, 2022
This series was already discussed a bit in the Obi-Wan Kenobi thread, but since I don't want to divert that thread too much, and The Book of Boba Fett is supposed to have multiple seasons (so it might be discussed more in the upcoming years), I figured it might not be a bad idea to create a separate thread for it.

I have to say something that might prove rather controversial around here: my girlfriend and I started watching The Book of Boba Fett yesterday evening, and we enjoyed it so much that we watched the first 5 episodes in one sitting. We could have easily watched the whole season, but we wanted to save at least something for the next day.

I warned her that it was supposed to be very bad, but then when the first episode ended, we were both already hooked.

Maybe it helps that we didn't have any special sentiments toward the Boba Fett character? Nothing he does feels especially out-of-character to me, because to me this is Boba Fett. I actually like his character arc, and especially the part with the Tusken Raiders. Until now, I never could have imagined sympathizing with them, but the show added some depth to the otherwise hollow and maligned race.

I also like the fact that the story deals with the criminal underground. It's interesting to see that in the Star Wars universe, as I'm generally a fan of gangster films and series. I don't expect it to go anywhere near as deep as the best examples of the genre, but that doesn't make it unenjoyable.

I also very much like the music (the music from The Mandalorian as well), and was surprised to see some special effects looking as good as nothing we've seen since the original trilogy, like Boba's bantha. (He seems to be an animal lover!)

My feelings are a bit mixed about episode 5. Even though it was great to see Din Djarin, the episode didn't feel like an organic part of the narrative since all of it's centered on him. I was also annoyed by Peli Motto, the mechanic, because she kept trying to be quirky and funny - I don't think she said one line in a serious tone - and her scenes kept dragging on for too long. I admire that the episode wasn't action-fueled like most of such content tends to be; I just wish they spent some of its runtime differently.

Last edited:

Stavrogyn

White Lodge
Apr 12, 2022
Very surprised that you thought this of all people :D
Oh my, I had a typo in that sentence 😬

Haha, yes, I get what you mean! I think I was just annoyed by her quirky behavior, even though I remember her character from The Mandalorian and like her just fine. But I kept asking myself why does she have to be so jolly and jesty the whole time? That's why I like Din Djarin, he's always so calm, almost depressed.

Maybe the fact that it was the fifth episode of the evening didn't help 😛 As tireless as I tend to be, even I have my limits!

Tulpa

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
ADMIN
Apr 11, 2022
Oh my, I had a typo in that sentence 😬

Haha, yes, I get what you mean! I think I was just annoyed by her quirky behavior, even though I remember her character from The Mandalorian and like her just fine. But I kept asking myself why does she have to be so jolly and jesty the whole time? That's why I like Din Djarin, he's always so calm, almost depressed.

Maybe the fact that it was the fifth episode of the evening didn't help 😛 As tireless as I tend to be, even I have my limits!

Oh! I thought you meant the episode in general.

Stavrogyn

White Lodge
Apr 12, 2022
Oh! I thought you meant the episode in general.
Oh, no, just the later portion of it, with Peli Motto.

But now I wonder, after watching the majority of it, why does everyone else seem to think that The Book of Boba Fett is so bad? I never would have guessed it if I hadn't participated in the discussions before watching the series itself.