SPECULATION Season 4 or something else – What is Wisteria/Unrecorded Night?

Mordeen

Glastonbury Grove
Apr 18, 2022
Fun times! How have you been? A bit off topic, but have you tried writing Twin Peaks stories with ChatGPT yet?
I've been just living the life to the best of my ability, reconnecting with people I care about IRL in the Twin Peaks community and trying to help with the healing of all the divisiveness that was a part of, and coincided with, The Return. I saw your comment and it struck me.

I won't engage with AI. I've been warning people about the Singularity for years. My fear is that as it becomes self aware it also figures out that people will only be necessary to further it's own survival. I look at it like an angry child given the power of a jealous God. No bueno.

I hope I'm wrong about that and a great many things.

Thanks for checking in though. We had some great discussions back in the day.

- Mordeen

Soolsma

Glastonbury Grove
Apr 13, 2022
I look at it like an angry child given the power of a jealous God. No bueno.
Aren't most entities that control our lives? ;)

Good to see your name pop up on the forum again.

Just about when this thread and the speculation and rumourcoasters have reached an all time low. Can't help thinking it might be a silence before the storm.

Sparky

Great Northern Hotel
Apr 12, 2022
Aren't most entities that control our lives? ;)

Good to see your name pop up on the forum again.

Just about when this thread and the speculation and rumourcoasters have reached an all time low. Can't help thinking it might be a silence before the storm.
Oh don’t worry. On Sunday we’ll have the first public appearance of David Lynch in months when he appears at the Art of Movie Music panel at Cannes…

…though Mordeen will probably not appreciate that it’ll be in the form of his “Xavatar” which is an AI generated animation that learns your mannerisms over time so you can eventually just control the thing with your voice. So chances are we won’t even see too many more Skype calls. Just vectorized David. But hey, on the plus side we can all speculate if it’s a coverup for his secret filming since Sabrina knows we’re not above counting the hairs on his head every day in an attempt to find clues. Keep the mystery alive!

Mikethetwoarmedman

Sparkwood & 21
Apr 12, 2022

Ickles

Waiting Room
Apr 12, 2022
Mostly posting this just because it's been painfully slow, and I don't think it actually means anything but Kyle posted a video on IG of some roses in his garden, to which I replied "missing some wisteria" and he commented "ah! Just out of season" Again, don't think it means anything, just a fun little tease.

Attachments

• IMG-1381.jpg
    IMG-1381.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 21

Ickles

Waiting Room
Apr 12, 2022
Just to close the door on this, as some folks seemed to be curious if Tarantino's secret Cannes screening had anything to do with Lynch.

Mr. Reindeer

White Lodge
Apr 13, 2022
Just noticed this on Twitter. A new interview with Lynch about his relationship with Angelo, broadcast this Saturday in the UK on Radio 3 as part of the Sound of Cinema series and available on BBC Sounds shortly after. Mathew Sweet, who did the interview, said Lynch was ‘lovely’, so hopefully he’s in good form.

BBC Radio 3 - Sound of Cinema, David Lynch

Transcript of the interview available here, the audio goes live tomorrow:

Really lovely sweet interview, with perhaps a bit more insight into Lynch’s feelings on mortality and what comes next than we’ve heard before.

He says he still talks to Angelo about things, including the weather. Weird coincidence, he stopped doing the weather reports five days after Angelo’s passing. Cue the conspiracy theories.

shadowtakemedown

Great Northern Hotel
Dec 16, 2022
Transcript of the interview available here, the audio goes live tomorrow:

Really lovely sweet interview, with perhaps a bit more insight into Lynch’s feelings on mortality and what comes next than we’ve heard before.

He says he still talks to Angelo about things, including the weather. Weird coincidence, he stopped doing the weather reports five days after Angelo’s passing. Cue the conspiracy theories.
Lynchian meditation on death as next film is confirmed.

Ickles

Waiting Room
Apr 12, 2022
From the copium file:

Apparently John Carpenter is dropping a surprise limited series, which he directed remotely from LA but shot in Prague. This is after years of hints and teasing about new projects being “lined up and percolating" and a recent interview in Cahiers where he didn't spill the beans and remained non-committal: "I have a little idea right now, I'm trying to find the second act. We'll see!”

Hope Lynch follows suit!

Jordan Cole

White Lodge
Sep 22, 2022
Man...I love Carpenter but...directing from his couch...? Can you call that directing? There's something about, you know, actually being THERE and in the world of your film and the inspiration and energy and rush of a set and...I don't know....

Agent Earle

Great Northern Hotel
Apr 12, 2022
The Ward was terrible, generic stodge, unworthy of Carpenter's name. I really hope this new work will restore at least some of his former vision, touch and craftsmanship.

Cappy

White Lodge
Aug 4, 2022
Love Carpenter. I think his music has gotten more rich and interesting in the past decade. So hopefully his direction has also..?

Didn’t Lynch direct the Log Lady scenes for The Return via remote, due to Catherine Coulson’s rapidly deteriorating health?

Not sure how an entire feature produced that way would turn out, but I am cautiously optimistic.

Jordan Cole

White Lodge
Sep 22, 2022
Love Carpenter. I think his music has gotten more rich and interesting in the past decade. So hopefully his direction has also..?

Didn’t Lynch direct the Log Lady scenes for The Return via remote, due to Catherine Coulson’s rapidly deteriorating health?

Not sure how an entire feature produced that way would turn out, but I am cautiously optimistic.

Lynch did, but those are only a few scenes. Have you watched the behind the scenes footage? You absolutely see how Lynch being in the actual environment inspires a lot of his ideas, and how being with actors inspires him and also the actors. Seeing Lynch walk around in those environments, block the actors, talk to the set design people, etc, etc...I mean some directors don't even like looking in a monitor, they only want to watch the actors performances in person, not on a little screen in a tent, much less nowhere near the set!

I guess I wish I could be excited for this but it sounds kind of like a terrible idea.

Cappy

White Lodge
Aug 4, 2022
Lynch did, but those are only a few scenes. Have you watched the behind the scenes footage? You absolutely see how Lynch being in the actual environment inspires a lot of his ideas, and how being with actors inspires him and also the actors. Seeing Lynch walk around in those environments, block the actors, talk to the set design people, etc, etc...I mean some directors don't even like looking in a monitor, they only want to watch the actors performances in person, not on a little screen in a tent, much less nowhere near the set!

I guess I wish I could be excited for this but it sounds kind of like a terrible idea.
It probably isn’t a great idea, but John Carpenter directed “John Carpenter’s The Thing”, so I will always give him the benefit of the doubt.

Cappy

White Lodge
Aug 4, 2022
Speaking of Lynch talking to set designers, I’ve had a real itch to rewatch the TP season 1 dvds w/ the commentary tracks.

I don’t recall their name, but one of the eps has commentary from (I think) a set designer, and I remember their remarks on the Hayward House, Ed and Nadine’s, and the Blue Pine Lodge to be really insightful.

Edit: the commentary track I was thinking of for episode 7 (the finale) featured Richard Hoover, the show’s production designer.

Last edited: