SPECULATION Season 4 or something else – What is Wisteria/Unrecorded Night?

shadowtakemedown

Great Northern Hotel
Dec 16, 2022
Yeah, I loved the form of season 3. David and Mark collaborating on the script then the season trending toward Lynch through his direction and the books trending toward Mark. I wonder if Mark started to feel like a junior partner, though.
When you're paired with a legend on a project, feeling like a junior partner is a hazard of the job.

fatecolossal

Great Northern Hotel
Apr 18, 2022
iV9RQFPZ.jpgThis is a lot of words on something pretty minor (and as such I didn't want to post it on my twitter account and have people think I was trying to needlessly get people excited), but fwiw: As was noted on here when it happened, a couple weeks ago Harry Goaz posted a picture of a purple plant along with a random caption that appeared to be from his Ballroom Harry Vol II book of photography. I didn't pay it much heed at the time, in part because I wasn't sure that the plant actually was wisteria, and because the caption made it seem like it was just something from his book of photography. Today, someone on Twitter messaged me (h/t @jake4eyez) to instruct me to take note of one of his comment responses (on IG) at the time: someone asks what it means, and he replies "Now don't make me explain things in the middle of the night. ❤️" (This appears to have been posted at 10:19pm, fwiw.) The potential teased allusion being, one might guess, to Unrecorded Night, though it's a leap in logic. In conjunction with looking into this, I reverse image-searched the image Goaz posted. As it turns out, (a) that image is in fact of wisteria, and (b) it's being used to sell wisteria plants online in a couple places, including Walmart's online marketplace (see here: Robot or human?.) This suggests that Goaz may have searched online specifically for a wisteria picture and selected that one.

At any rate, as I said, this still doesn't amount to a great deal; it's very possible that Goaz is just trying to drum up attention for his photography book [by using a photo that's not in it? or is it?], and/or to be playfully teasing with fans when there's no real substantive info at the bottom of this. (Numerous fans in the comments remark "wisteria??" or the like, with him liking the comments, so he's at least somewhat aware of how it's being perceived.)

(It also seemed a tiny bit more noteworthy given that Lynch is currently on his first weather/numbers report lull in an extremely long time.)

Last edited:

Soolsma

Glastonbury Grove
Apr 13, 2022
Hmm, I'd be more inclined to believe something is up if he wouldn't be advertising his own product along with it.

That first sentence sounds like it could be scribbled on a Lynch painting. Where's that from?

Tulpa

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
ADMIN
Apr 11, 2022
I reverse image-searched the image Goaz posted. As it turns out, (a) that image is in fact of wisteria, and (b) it's being used to sell wisteria plants online in a couple places, including Walmart's online marketplace (see here: Robot or human?.) This suggests that Goaz may have searched online specifically for a wisteria picture and selected that one.

There's the key passage. Walmart being hyper SEO optimized in a way that betrays a specific Google search. Hah!

My (far less useful and far more facetious) contribution to this story is that you can form the phrase "Twin Peaks: Unrecorded Night" from the letters in that caption :cool:

Not Wisteria though. That requires an extra "R". And the caption only has a Double R.
The only results I can find for it go back to this instagram post.

Yeah. Lots of his posts have those weird almost subliminal captions.

Metamorphosis

RR Diner
Apr 19, 2022
Not really news but somebody on reddit pointed out that in this video from some TM foundation posted on David's birthday he makes an appearance around the 33:10 mark. He looks in good spirits and good health: https://streaming.mou.org/MOU2/chat/20_Jan_23.mp4

So it appears his break from the Weather Reports isn't health related.

Ah that's great. I think the light in his weather report videos is just very unflattering lol. He looks wonderful there!

shadowtakemedown

Great Northern Hotel
Dec 16, 2022
Hmm, I'd be more inclined to believe something is up if he wouldn't be advertising his own product along with it.

That first sentence sounds like it could be scribbled on a Lynch painting. Where's that from?
Advertising his own product along with egging on the Wisteria speculation.

Two birds, one stone.

Howdy Jowdy

RR Diner
Apr 19, 2022
I was looking at Sabrina's IMDB page and noticed that Unrecorded Night was listed at 13 episodes with a status of "In Production." According to IMDB's own FAQ, they define "in production" this way:

What do the in development or in production status' mean?​

In addition to films that are in production or have already been released, IMDbPro lists feature film projects that are still in development (at this time we don't accept short films or video games unless they are completed/released).

Projects must be in active development at a production company, which can be easily verified (i.e. it currently exists in the database, has an established filmography or is attached to an established writer, director, producer and/or actor). We will also accept titles from newly formed production companies established to produce the film, if the existence of the project can be independently verified.
So, there is a fact-checking element they employ insofar as it relates to film projects. I guess this thing is really happening—but whether or not it's TP related, who knows?

Tulpa

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
ADMIN
Apr 11, 2022
I was looking at Sabrina's IMDB page and noticed that Unrecorded Night was listed at 13 episodes with a status of "In Production." According to IMDB's own FAQ, they define "in production" this way:

So, there is a fact-checking element they employ insofar as it relates to film projects. I guess this thing is really happening—but whether or not it's TP related, who knows?

I don’t think they actively fact check listings as a matter of process. Even Ronnie Rocket is still listed as in development.

Most likely the listing has remained in stasis because there has been no official news otherwise. Nor have there been updates to production listings in the usual sources. Nor reporting in trade publications claiming there has been a change in circumstances. There’s nothing to base any IMDBPro changes on.

Last edited:

shadowtakemedown

Great Northern Hotel
Dec 16, 2022

This doesn't mean anything other than that somebody like us created its page.

Howdy Jowdy

RR Diner
Apr 19, 2022
Even Ronnie Rocket is still listed as in development.

giphy.gif

j/k

Jesus. I thought IMDB kept better tabs on their information. TIL

Jackwithoneeye

Glastonbury Grove
Apr 14, 2022
back when Stanley Kubrick was alive, I remember imdb had an AI page I would look at, and when Marlon Brando was still alive, I remember seeing lots of 'in development' / 'pre production' stuff, Autumn of the Patriarch etc.

shadowtakemedown

Great Northern Hotel
Dec 16, 2022
back when Stanley Kubrick was alive, I remember imdb had an AI page I would look at, and when Marlon Brando was still alive, I remember seeing lots of 'in development' / 'pre production' stuff, Autumn of the Patriarch etc.
Too bad they never put in pre-production the project Lynch almost did with Brando about the cows.

Jackwithoneeye

Glastonbury Grove
Apr 14, 2022
there were a good couple years where Liam Neeson was listed on imdb as the lead of Lincoln when the Spielberg film was 'in development'. I think sometimes imdb would put 'rumored' next to the actor's name in parantheses on these but i'm not 100 % on that memory.

shadowtakemedown

Great Northern Hotel
Dec 16, 2022
there were a good couple years where Liam Neeson was listed on imdb as the lead of Lincoln when the Spielberg film was 'in development'. I think sometimes imdb would put 'rumored' next to the actor's name in parantheses on these but i'm not 100 % on that memory.
I think at one point Neeson was signed to play Lincoln in that movie and then dropped out.