S02E01: Episode 8 ("May the Giant Be with You")

0.00 star(s)
0.00/5 0 Votes
Episode 8
Season: 2
Episode: 1
Air date: 1990-09-30

Guest stars: Galyn Görg, Chris Mulkey, Carel Struycken, Hank Worden, Mary Jo Deschanel, Victoria Catlin, Jessica Wallenfels, Catherine E. Coulson, Al Strobel, Charles Miller, Mak Takano, Sandra Kaye Wetzel, Mark Frost, Alicia Witt, David Patrick Kelly, Miguel Ferrer, Grace Zabriskie, Phoebe Augustine, Don S. Davis

Where to watch

Show information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Cappy

White Lodge
Aug 4, 2022
Just echoing sentiment from another thread._. Its odd how Cooper is up and walking around just hours after getting shot. I mean, i get that Lynch/Frost wanted to hit ground running in the season opener, but it sort of de-fangs the "Who shot Coop" mystery right from the get-go. Its funny to contrast Coops ultra quick recovery here with S3, where he spends almost the whole season in what is essentially a walking coma.

Cappy

White Lodge
Aug 4, 2022
Still love this episode though -- its jam packed with great character moments and scenes. The giant's appearance, Ed recounting how Nadine lost her eye, Major Briggs telling Bobby about his vision, the Palmer-Heyward dinner scene.._ just too many awesome moments to list.

Mr. Reindeer

White Lodge
Apr 13, 2022
Just echoing sentiment from another thread._. Its odd how Cooper is up and walking around just hours after getting shot. I mean, i get that Lynch/Frost wanted to hit ground running in the season opener, but it sort of de-fangs the "Who shot Coop" mystery right from the get-go. Its funny to contrast Coops ultra quick recovery here with S3, where he spends almost the whole season in what is essentially a walking coma.
It’s a “TV recovery” (at least in terms of that era). Cooper is moving a little slower. They make a gag out of him thinking he can just jump up and realizing it will take him a lot longer to do basic things. Yeah, it’s silly, but in 1990 no one wanted to see a full season of Cooper in physical therapy, which is probably what the reality would be. Even more “realistic” modern shows suffer from this to some extent. A character will be in a cast for an episode, and then it will be forgotten.

Cappy

White Lodge
Aug 4, 2022
Yeah, that reminds me of Worf's son from TNG, who aged like 4 times faster than human children.

eyeboogers

Glastonbury Grove
Apr 14, 2022
Sure Coop is bouncing around a bit too quickly, but would a person actually need physical therapy after being shot wearing a bulletproof west? + that woodtick took the brunt of the impact. It would have been great if they had alluded to the damage in a later episode, Annie Blackburn could f.ex. have noticed and remarked on it during their sex scene.