Rolex sued Harry Goaz in 2014

Jerry Horne

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
OG DUGPA MOD
Apr 12, 2022
I'm not sure this has ever been discussed in Lynch circles.

In 2014 Rolex sued Harry Goaz.

"After a lengthy investigation, Rolex filed suit against Goaz in federal court, alleging counterfeiting, trademark infringement, and false designation of origin. Rolex alleged that Goaz sold, offered to sell, distributed, promoted and advertised watches bearing counterfeits and infringements of its registered trademarks."

I have a feeling that the reason we see Andy looking at his "Rolex" in S3 is to give a little jab to Rolex. This is assuming Lynch knew about the lawsuit.

Vedic

Sparkwood & 21
Apr 19, 2022
A rare instance of 'case closed' I suspect. By which I mean the Rolex's presence in S3.

It would be amusing, though highly unlikely to pass Legal, if it had been a fake Rolex on screen - I've not got enough knowledge/interest to tell the difference.

Last edited:

Jasper

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
Apr 12, 2022
Goaz even acknowledged in court documents that he sold “somewhere between 125 and 150 fake Rolex’s during a six month period between October 2009 and March 2010."

This brings new poignancy to the 2015 short film Figurehead, starring Goaz as himself.

boske

RR Diner
Apr 15, 2022
That whole story arc was strange anyway, was it inserted solely so that Andy could look at his wristwatch? Is it even his hand? From what I remember, the most likely explanation at the time was that Andy had become a corrupt cop who peddled various things and had money for luxuries. Lynch has a great sense of humour.