NEWS More than a dozen Twin Peaks stars to attend Spooky Empire

Screenshot 2022-07-03 at 15.08.22.png

Update 3: Mädchen Amick confirmed to be attending on 22nd and 23rd October .

Update 2: As of today, the list of Twin Peaks cast members attending next month's Spooky Empire has grown to a dozen strong:
  • Mädchen Amick
  • Sheryl Lee
  • Kyle MacLachlan
  • Ray Wise
  • Kimmy Robertson
  • Carel Struycken
  • Dana Ashbrook
  • Sherilyn Fenn
  • James Marshall
  • Robyn Lively
  • Giselle Damier
  • Andrea Watrouse
  • Amy Shiels
The latest bookings were announced yesterday. The trio play Sandie, Mandie and Candie in The Return.

Three major Twin Peaks cast members will be attending Spooky Empire in Orlando, Florida as the organizers announce a Twin Peaks VIP package priced at $500.

Sheryl Lee, Kyle MacLachlan and Ray Wise are to headline a Twin Peaks Q/A panel at the event. Since this article was filed, Kimmy Robertson and Carel Struycken have also been confirmed to attend. They play Lucy Moran/Brennan and The Giant/Fireman, respectively.

Dale Cooper star Kyle MacLachlan has cut a relatively elusive figure when it comes to fan conventions, with the bulk of recent appearances being in press tours for (or soon after) Twin Peaks: The Return's release on Showtime.

36170116065_13e5b6463a_k.jpg

"Kyle MacLachlan speaking at the 2017 San Diego Comic Con" by Gage Skidmore is licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0

The package includes an autograph and photo op with Kyle.

Other goodies include a collectible Twin Peaks lanyard, branded limited edition t-shirt, exclusive poster and everything else included in the "Standard" VIP Package:
  • A collectible laminate VIP pass and VIP lanyard.
  • Limited Edition Spooky Empire T-Shirt designed exclusively for VIP pass holders
  • Admission to the convention all 3 days, with access to the show 1 hour before doors open each day
  • Spooky Tote and surprise swag
  • You will be admitted into all Q&As and seminars first with priority seating
  • Fast pass access to celebrity autograph lines and photo op lines; minimal waiting.
  • Access to our notorious VIP party on Saturday night with free drink tickets, prizes and giveaways (valued at more than the price of the pass), and more. Celebs will be in attendance.
  • Early check in and badge pick up starting on Thursday at 6pm
  • Designated VIP only Check-In Line
  • 20% VIP discount on Spooky Empire merch (at the show only)

The Twin Peaks package also promises "priority seating in the Twin Peaks Q&A", ahead of other VIP ticket holders.

According to u/JohnLocke815 on Reddit, the package does not include photo ops or autographs with Sheryl Lee or Ray Wise. The pair play Laura Palmer and Leland Palmer, respectively:

However, access to an "exclusive party" does come included:
Celebrities will be in attendance. No autographs will be given at this party, but cameras are welcome.

There will be giveaways for VIP attendees only. Drink tickets will be distributed at the party.

Spooky Empire runs from October 21-23 at the Orange County Convention Center

Calling itself the "dark side of Comic Con", Spooky Empire is a mixed genre event with a focus on horror and sci-fi. Next year will be the 20th anniversary of their first convention.

- Cyril Pons, reporting for Tulpa.

Attachments

• cover (1) copy.jpg
    cover (1) copy.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 25,251
Last edited by a moderator:

Tulpa

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
ADMIN
Apr 11, 2022
Another update to the list of Twin Peaks cast members in attendance:
  • Sheryl Lee
  • Kyle MacLachlan
  • Ray Wise
  • Kimmy Robertson
  • Carel Struycken
  • Dana Ashbrook
  • Sherilyn Fenn
  • James Marshall
  • Robyn Lively
  • Giselle Damier
  • Andrea Watrouse
  • Amy Shiels
The last three were announced yesterday. The trio play Sandie, Mandie and Candie in The Return.

Dom

White Lodge
Jul 10, 2022
I could actually imagine that: a Lynch film about a woman who seduces every man just by her presence in a room. Then some really sick serial killer is drawn to her... :D

mosura

Sparkwood & 21
Apr 17, 2022
Hi all!

Is there anyone considering going to this convention? It's a definite yes for me (still debating on that Twin Peaks ticket haha) but I'll be honest it'd be more appealing to know if anyone in these forums plan on going, maybe for a meetup even? Though of course only if you're comfortable doing so etc. etc.
Feel free to DM or respond to this thread.

Regardless I'll be sure to check out the Q&A to see what it'll entail ;)

Dom

White Lodge
Jul 10, 2022
At this point they should just announce David Lynch and go ahead and start filming another season right there.
Very postmodern: make a film about a convention where all the attendees find themselves trapped in the Black Lodge!

Dougie Cooper

RR Diner
Apr 12, 2022
View attachment 347

Update 3: Mädchen Amick confirmed to be attending on 22nd and 23rd October .

Update 2: As of today, the list of Twin Peaks cast members attending next month's Spooky Empire has grown to a dozen strong:

Three major Twin Peaks cast members will be attending Spooky Empire in Orlando, Florida as the organizers announce a Twin Peaks VIP package priced at $500.

Sheryl Lee, Kyle MacLachlan and Ray Wise are to headline a Twin Peaks Q/A panel at the event. Since this article was filed, Kimmy Robertson and Carel Struycken have also been confirmed to attend. They play Lucy Moran/Brennan and The Giant/Fireman, respectively.

Dale Cooper star Kyle MacLachlan has cut a relatively elusive figure when it comes to fan conventions, with the bulk of recent appearances being in press tours for (or soon after) Twin Peaks: The Return's release on Showtime.

The package includes an autograph and photo op with Kyle.

Other goodies include a collectible Twin Peaks lanyard, branded limited edition t-shirt, exclusive poster and everything else included in the "Standard" VIP Package:

The Twin Peaks package also promises "priority seating in the Twin Peaks Q&A", ahead of other VIP ticket holders.

According to u/JohnLocke815 on Reddit, the package does not include photo ops or autographs with Sheryl Lee or Ray Wise. The pair play Laura Palmer and Leland Palmer, respectively:

However, access to an "exclusive party" does come included:

Spooky Empire runs from October 21-23 at the Orange County Convention Center

Calling itself the "dark side of Comic Con", Spooky Empire is a mixed genre event with a focus on horror and sci-fi. Next year will be the 20th anniversary of their first convention.

- Cyril Pons, reporting for Tulpa.

"Celebrities will be in attendance. No autographs will be given at this party, but cameras are welcome."

I thought I read somewhere on their site that celebrities MIGHT attend, but no guarantees (in other words it's at the discretion of the celebrity whether they attend or not). But if it's guaranteed that they will be at the party that would be fantastic.

FYI: I also spoke to a spooky empire staff member today and they told me that Kyle, like Madchen, is there only Saturday and Sunday.

Dougie Cooper

RR Diner
Apr 12, 2022
Just curious to know if anyone attended the event on Sunday and if so, was the Q & A cancelled?

I was only able to attend on Saturday and was bemoaning the fact that I'd miss the Q & A (and the group photo), but I'd be disappointed for those that did attend if that portion was cancelled.

Jordan Cole

White Lodge
Sep 22, 2022
The Instagram account SeinPeaks, who famously merges Seinfeld and Twin Peaks into memes and even has a podcast (that I was on!) attended and posted some photos! Very jealous!

Dougie Cooper

RR Diner
Apr 12, 2022
The Instagram account SeinPeaks, who famously merges Seinfeld and Twin Peaks into memes and even has a podcast (that I was on!) attended and posted some photos! Very jealous!
I
Just curious to know if anyone attended the event on Sunday and if so, was the Q & A cancelled?

I was only able to attend on Saturday and was bemoaning the fact that I'd miss the Q & A (and the group photo), but I'd be disappointed for those that did attend if that portion was cancelled.
I now see that several attendees recorded and posted the session on YouTube. When I checked the Spooky Empire website early Sunday morning, curiously the Q & A session was missing from the schedule and I was curious as to why that would be. But it happened and was great. So disappointed I wasn't able to attend on Sunday.