They live, they know, they see,
They shout with every breath,
“All is Eternal Life,
There is no death.”

—Gordon Johnstone

mtwentz

RR Diner
Apr 12, 2022
Very sad to hear this. I have my criticisms of the way the Windom Earle character was handled, but damn did Kenneth do a great job with some difficult material. He will always be a part of the TP family and sorry they couldn't find a role for him in The Reutrn.

TimG

RR Diner
Apr 12, 2022
Has Lynch acknowledged Welsh's passing in the weather reports? I'd like to think that if there is more Peaks eventually, that he merits an In Memory Of mention as much as Peggy Lipton, Clark Middleton and everyone else that has passed since 2017. The only time Lynch directed Welsh was in Episode 29 and I'm not aware of Lynch going on record about Welsh. He doesn't seem to have been fond of the character but that needn't be indicative of what he thought of Welsh the actor.

Mr. Reindeer

White Lodge
Apr 13, 2022
Has Lynch acknowledged Welsh's passing in the weather reports? I'd like to think that if there is more Peaks eventually, that he merits an In Memory Of mention as much as Peggy Lipton, Clark Middleton and everyone else that has passed since 2017. The only time Lynch directed Welsh was in Episode 29 and I'm not aware of Lynch going on record about Welsh. He doesn't seem to have been fond of the character but that needn't be indicative of what he thought of Welsh the actor.
The “In Memory Of”s tended to be appearance-specific on TR. For instance, the actor who played Dwayne Milford never got one, despite being an original Pilot character, because he never “appeared” in TR. I was half-convinced for most of the season that Jack Nance wouldn’t even get one, but of course I was wrong.

boske

RR Diner
Apr 15, 2022
Rest in peace Mr. Welsh! The scene where he drags Annie into the circle of sycamores, and then hypnotises her, has always given me chills. He was a great Log Lady too! :) I wish he had a cameo in TR...

Stavrogyn

White Lodge
Apr 12, 2022
Very sad news. I'm not sure if I've ever seen him anywhere else - I'll have to learn more about his work - but he was great in Twin Peaks. One of my favourite characters.

As others have already said, it's a shame he didn't have a cameo in The Return, he could have played a different character.

Rest in peace, mr. Welsh.

mtwentz

RR Diner
Apr 12, 2022
Very sad news. I'm not sure if I've ever seen him anywhere else - I'll have to learn more about his work - but he was great in Twin Peaks. One of my favourite characters.

As others have already said, it's a shame he didn't have a cameo in The Return, he could have played a different character.

Rest in peace, mr. Welsh.
Have you ever seen Legends of the Fall with Brad Pitt and Anthony Hopkins? He shows up in that film as a corrupt lawman.

Stavrogyn

White Lodge
Apr 12, 2022
Have you ever seen Legends of the Fall with Brad Pitt and Anthony Hopkins? He shows up in that film as a corrupt lawman.
Going through his filmography yesterday evening, I noticed a few titles I've seen, but I don't seem to remember him. I never saw Legends of the Fall properly, because I remember watching it only as a kid, and that was way before Twin Peaks. He was also in The Aviator, but I think I watched that before Twin Peaks as well (I would have to check my film & TV journal).

He was also in The Freshman with Marlon Brando and Matthew Broderick, which I've never seen because it sounded very trashy, but yesterday I read that it actually got very positive reviews, and it has a 94% score on Rotten Tomatoes. Now I'm tempted to see it (Brando is one of my top 5 favourite actors of all time).

Last edited: