Tulpa

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
ADMIN
Apr 11, 2022
Framed #164
πŸŽ₯ 🟩 ⬛ ⬛ ⬛ ⬛ ⬛

As you know, this is one of my favourite films :D

Though I didn't see it as a rip off. To me it was part homage and part deconstruction, using tropes and motifs of Old Hollywood that externalize characters' interiority with extravagant song/dance to do the reverse: internalizing the external.

I also read hints of satire among the strong respectful notes.

Stavrogyn

White Lodge
Apr 12, 2022
As you know, this is one of my favourite films :D

Oh, sorry, I forgot about that 😬 I remember you liked it more than I did, but I forgot that it was one of your favourites! I should definitely rewatch it then.

To me it was part homage and part deconstruction, using tropes and motifs of Old Hollywood that externalize characters' interiority with extravagant song/dance to do the reverse: internalizing the external.

Could you elaborate on that? What exactly do you mean by "internalizing the external"? Could you name an example?

Stavrogyn

White Lodge
Apr 12, 2022
#169 (When Harry Met Sally...): from the fourth guess - but I love this film.
#170 (Aladdin): from the first guess. The first image was too easy, in my opinion.
#171 (Captain Phillips): from the third guess.

Framed #172
πŸŽ₯ πŸŸ₯ 🟩 ⬛ ⬛ ⬛ ⬛

I should have guessed this one on the first image because I thought of it...

The third image literally spells out the name of the film!

Tulpa

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
ADMIN
Apr 11, 2022
Framed #172
πŸŽ₯ πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯ 🟩 ⬛ ⬛ ⬛

Haven't seen this and the game took mercy on me with the first image.

Stavrogyn

White Lodge
Apr 12, 2022
I saw it only once, when I was younger, but it was the perfect kind of film to move me deeply. It made me wish I was one of the characters. I feel nostalgic when I think about it.

Ickles

Waiting Room
Apr 12, 2022
Framed #174
πŸŽ₯ πŸŸ₯ 🟩 ⬛ ⬛ ⬛ ⬛

Pretty easy on image 2, in my opinion but I weirdly love the shit out of this movie, which is generally not super "on brand" for my tastes but I'm a sucker for goofy heist movies.

Stavrogyn

White Lodge
Apr 12, 2022
Framed #174
πŸŽ₯ πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯ 🟩 ⬛ ⬛

Haven't seen this one either, so the second image didn't tell me much. But your enthusiasm, @Ickles, makes me want to reconsider watching it.

Tulpa

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
ADMIN
Apr 11, 2022
Failed three in a row!

Framed #175
πŸŽ₯ πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯

Haven't seen this. Not a fan of the director.