Framed

eraserJoe

Great Northern Hotel
Apr 12, 2022
I was surprised to see this movie on Framed.
The word Koyaanisqatsi is from the Hopi native american tribe and translates to "life out of balance." This is the first in a trilogy. The movies consist of only moving images (including some great time-lapse photography) and music. No apparent plot. The music by Philip Glass is amazing - I'm a big fan. Though I know he is an acquired taste.

Stavrogyn

White Lodge
Apr 12, 2022
#256 (Wayne's World): Failed. I recognized it on the fifth image, but couldn't remember the title. Haven't seen it.
#257 (Paul): Failed again. Never even heard of it.
#258 (The Hateful Eight): On the third image. Probably my least favorite Tarantino film, but I have to give it another chance.
#259 (Mamma Mia!): On the fourth image. I love musicals in general, but my mother absolutely adores this film. Haven't seen the second one yet.
#260 (Koyaanisqatsi): Failed. I heard of the title, but have no idea what this actually is. I'm intrigued!
#261 (Pain and Gain): Failed one more time. I've heard of it, but once again couldn't remember the title.

Ickles

Waiting Room
Apr 12, 2022
Framed #262
🎥 🟥 🟩 ⬛ ⬛ ⬛ ⬛

Another "classic" from my childhood that the Tulpa crew doesn't seem to know. Starting to wonder if I just watched too many movies as a kid!

Tulpa

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
ADMIN
Apr 11, 2022
Framed #262
🎥 🟥 🟩 ⬛ ⬛ ⬛ ⬛

Another "classic" from my childhood that the Tulpa crew doesn't seem to know. Starting to wonder if I just watched too many movies as a kid!

Or me not enough!

Stavrogyn

White Lodge
Apr 12, 2022
It can never be too many movies! I agree with Tulpa: we obviously haven't seen enough of them as kids.

I only started watching films a lot when I was 15/16, and that's when I started keeping a list of everything I've seen as well. Up until that point, I was mostly obsessed with the Lucas-made Star Wars films and The Godfather trilogy, and I constantly rewatched the Indiana Jones films, Back to the Future trilogy, The Mask, Gremlins, Independence Day... Oh, and I watched Friends obsessively (and a lot of Seinfeld).

eraserJoe

Great Northern Hotel
Apr 12, 2022
Framed #262
🎥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬛ ⬛

This movie is very popular in the US. I never cared for it. Think I was just a few years too old when it came out.

Stavrogyn

White Lodge
Apr 12, 2022
Framed #263
🎥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟩

Never saw it and never even played the game. (I'm not much of a video game guy.) I briefly worked at a theater when it came out, so I saw the trailers, and based on them, I would bet that I wouldn't like it. But I respect the director and enjoy some of his other work. And I especially admire his father ;)

Last edited:

Tulpa

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
ADMIN
Apr 11, 2022
Framed #263
🎥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟩

Tried “World of Warcraft” from the start and was getting exasperated before remembering they changed the name to “Warcraft” on the last turn.

I haven’t seen it either but it was obvious from what I remember of the trailer.

Stavrogyn

White Lodge
Apr 12, 2022
Framed #265
🎥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥

I guessed the film on the third image, but the application didn't return the title I was entering. I don't know what happened.

Tulpa

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
ADMIN
Apr 11, 2022
Framed #265
🎥 🟩 ⬛ ⬛ ⬛ ⬛ ⬛

Haven’t seen it but it was either that or National Treasure and the latter wasn’t on the list.