Framed

Stavrogyn

White Lodge
Apr 12, 2022
Framed #243
🎥 🟥 🟩 ⬛ ⬛ ⬛ ⬛

I haven't seen it (even though I enjoy that kind of film), but I got it on the second image thanks to a (minor?) spoiler from my friend.

Ickles

White Lodge
Apr 12, 2022
Framed #243
🎥 🟥 🟩 ⬛ ⬛ ⬛ ⬛

This seems to be a real culturally specific one. As an American kid of the 80s/90s it was pretty ubiquitous. It was on cable TV at least once a week and every single house I entered, including my own, had a copy of it on VHS at some point. I think I've seen it probably close to 50 times in my life?

Stavrogyn

White Lodge
Apr 12, 2022
This seems to be a real culturally specific one. As an American kid of the 80s/90s it was pretty ubiquitous. It was on cable TV at least once a week and every single house I entered, including my own, had a copy of it on VHS at some point. I think I've seen it probably close to 50 times in my life?
I'm not from the US, so it's not like that where I live, but it's still a fairly known film. The fact that I haven't seen it is purely accidental... I find it kind of strange that @Tulpa hasn't heard of it, but then again, I hear of new things every day... There's just so much stuff out there.

Stavrogyn

White Lodge
Apr 12, 2022
Framed #244
🎥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬛ ⬛

First guess: Star Wars
Second guess: The Phantom Menace
Third guess: The Last Jedi

I underwhelmed with this one...

Tulpa

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
ADMIN
Apr 11, 2022
Framed #244
🎥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬛ ⬛

Same but Dune added in there instead of one of those you had.

Tulpa

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
ADMIN
Apr 11, 2022
Framed #245
🎥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬛

Haven't seen any of the films from this franchise... Are they any good?

I don’t regret watching them but I’m not sure I’d recommend them to you with confidence, either.

As far as teen fiction goes, it’s as good as it has any right to be.

Ickles

White Lodge
Apr 12, 2022
Framed #245
🎥 🟥 🟩 ⬛ ⬛ ⬛ ⬛

Thanks to having a wife who is more...nerdily inclined, let's say, I've seen all stripes of franchises like this. The first HG film isn't bad and I'd say is worth watching. You don't really need to watch the whole franchise I'd say, unless you get really hooked. But the first film is satisfying as a standalone watch.