ARTICLE Editor Duwayne Dunham on Collaborating with David Lynch on Blue Velvet, Wild at Heart and Twin Peaks

External Features and articles of interest to the community
Five years after the Music Box Theatre’s previous David Lynch retrospective coincided with the television premiere of the highly anticipated Twin Peaks: The Return, the Chicago-based arthouse now presents David Lynch: A Complete Retrospective – The Return, a week-long celebration of Lynch’s work that also pays tribute to his many collaborators, friends and, in one particular instance, offspring. Running through April 14th, the retrospective also includes several in-person appearances, one being from Duwayne Dunham, Lynch’s editor on Blue Velvet, Wild at Heart, Twin Peaks and Twin Peaks: The Return...

Read more at filmmakermagazine.com

TimG

RR Diner
Apr 12, 2022
That was a great read. I was especially intrigued by Dunham saying he had 19 hours of footage ready for Lynch to watch after he'd had some downtime from shooting The Return. I also hadn't realised just how soon it was after the Pilot that Lynch shot Wild at Heart. I thought it had been after he'd done EP2 of the first season. So that was great to see that clarified. 30 years trying to get The Happy Worker done. Bloody hell. I couldn't put up with that.

Mr. Reindeer

White Lodge
Apr 13, 2022
That was a great read. I was especially intrigued by Dunham saying he had 19 hours of footage ready for Lynch to watch after he'd had some downtime from shooting The Return. I also hadn't realised just how soon it was after the Pilot that Lynch shot Wild at Heart. I thought it had been after he'd done EP2 of the first season. So that was great to see that clarified. 30 years trying to get The Happy Worker done. Bloody hell. I couldn't put up with that.
Episode 2 was actually shot out of sequence. I believe it was the last episode filmed of the first season, or maybe was filmed overlapping with 7 (all the One-Eyed Jack’s location stuff in Episodes 2, 6 and 7 was done over a couple days). This was presumably done to allow Lynch to focus on Wild at Heart filming and post.