DUNE DUNE - Watch newly restored deleted scene

Jasper

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
Apr 12, 2022
It's great that there's a new release, and it's fun to see this scene, but what would be overwhelmingly more fun would be the title reading, "See a Restored Scene from David Lynch's New Director's Cut of Dune".

That would also go some way towards explaining the virtual radio silence from Lynch. Alas.

Dom

White Lodge
Jul 10, 2022
It's great that there's a new release, and it's fun to see this scene, but what would be overwhelmingly more fun would be the title reading, "See a Restored Scene from David Lynch's New Director's Cut of Dune".

That would also go some way towards explaining the virtual radio silence from Lynch. Alas.
That's a really freaky scene!! Nice to see Harah. I hadn't realised the two boys in the weirding modules scene were Paul's adopted sons. Cutting Jamis and Harah from the film was very unfortunate.

Oh for a special edition cut!

Mr. Reindeer

White Lodge
Apr 13, 2022
This deleted scene isn't much, although it's nice to have. The Fremen portion of the story is where Lynch's film really suffers from all the cuts, so it's nice to get any snippets we can. I'm still waiting on the impossible-to-find German set which included this scene and some other very cool stuff (including the Marvel comic adaptation--in German, unfortunately, but still GREAT art by Bill Sienkiewicz, and it's not like I don't know what they're saying). I'm kicking myself because my buddy LateReg was selling his copy of the German release and offered it to me for a great rate, but I passed, not realizing at the time that it had this scene on it. There's allegedly supposed to be another release of that German set, but I've had it preordered for like seven months and the date keeps moving around, so I'm not convinced it will ever come out. Maybe I'll just go for the Australian release, which doesn't look quite as great, but at least I can have the scene on disc and be a good Lynch completist.

Jordan Cole

White Lodge
Sep 22, 2022
I wasn't sure what thread to post this in, but this popped up on YouTube. Really interesting archival stuff from Entertainment Tonight: