David Warner (1941-2022)

eraserJoe

Great Northern Hotel
Apr 12, 2022
In just the past couple months I've re-watched three movies that feature the always reliable David Warner: Titanic, Neil Jordan's Company of Wolves, and John Carpenter's In the Mouth of Madness. I always loved him as Thomas Eckhardt. (Just wish he had more screen time!) He was a true class act.

Mordeen

Glastonbury Grove
Apr 18, 2022
In just the past couple months I've re-watched three movies that feature the always reliable David Warner: Titanic, Neil Jordan's Company of Wolves, and John Carpenter's In the Mouth of Madness. I always loved him as Thomas Eckhardt. (Just wish he had more screen time!) He was a true class act.
Lest we forget The Omen, a doomed character by his own evidence and a particularly brutal death.

Tron was my favorite of his, though. His giant form in the vein of Goliath really affected me as a kid when I saw the movie way back when.

- Mordeen

Mr. Reindeer

White Lodge
Apr 13, 2022
The Ballad of Cable Hogue is another really good film of his. It’s a minor gem Peckinpah snuck in between The Wild Bunch and Straw Dogs. Warner plays a womanizing frontier preacher.

He’s one of those actors I always wished would work with Lynch, as I’m certain it would have led to something truly special. But alas, not meant to be. Indeed, Warner said he never even met Lynch while working on TP.

Last edited:

Mordeen

Glastonbury Grove
Apr 18, 2022
The Ballad of Cable Hogue is another really good film of his. It’s a minor gem Peckinpah snuck in between The Wild Bunch and Straw Dogs. Warner plays a womanizing frontier preacher.

He’s one of those actors I always wished would work with Lynch, as I’m certain it would have led to something truly special. But alas, not meant to be. Indeed, Warner said he never even met Lynch while working on TP.
I had no idea. What a shame.

Doesn't diminish his part in it, but is certainly a bummer.

- Mordeen

Dom

White Lodge
Jul 10, 2022
A great actor. The way TV is made in the modern day, his character in Twin Peaks would have been the villain for an entire season! I first remember watching him in Tron, which was released when I was eight. I've also had the good fortune to listen to many of his performances for the audio play company Big Finish. A class act who will be missed.

Stavrogyn

White Lodge
Apr 12, 2022
The way TV is made in the modern day, his character in Twin Peaks would have been the villain for an entire season!
Jean Renault, Thomas Eckhardt, and Windom Earle were all very good and memorable villains, but their potential was not completely fulfilled. In modern times it would have probably been different.

I realized just now that all three actors have passed away... If you also add Frank Silva and Walter Olkewicz, it seems that time hasn't been kind to Twin Peaks villains.

Cappy

White Lodge
Aug 4, 2022
RIP. Should've gotten more than 1 scene in Scream 2! Allegedly David was supposed to be Freddy Krueger in the original NOES, but had to back out last minute due to scheduling conflicts.