Collector's Corner

Tulpa

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
ADMIN
Apr 11, 2022
collectorcornercover.png

Check out the extraordinary Collector's section at Dugpa

General chat and questions go here. Feel free to start threads on specific new releases, items, and other topics related to memorabilia.

mosura

Sparkwood & 21
Apr 17, 2022
On the topic of collector’s, does anyone have a favorite item out of theirs?

I don’t have too much in my collection, but my favorite has to be my copy of the soundtrack from the original series. I found it by chance at a Goodwill, before I had even watched the show–it’s what actually got me to watch it in the first place. The name ‘Twin Peaks’ was vaguely familiar, and I was taken in by the cover art. Once I bought it I figured, well I own the soundtrack to this show, might as well see what it’s about.

It's nothing rare, but I look on it fondly.
tnwkp.jpg

Tulpa

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
ADMIN
Apr 11, 2022
Mine is a pristine edition of the Dale Cooper tapes. Extra special because it lists the running time as "One Hour" when most copies list "45 minutes". I wasn't aware of this until after it arrived. Cool little bonus, along with it arriving in such immaculate condition. This thing is older than me!

20220420_162956.jpg20220420_163026.jpg

Not sure why a small minority have different running times listed but I believe @Jerry Horne has both versions and may be able to chime in.

I have that same disc as but it's the Japanese version. I totally get what you mean, it's one of the items I pick from the shelf most often. There's something so tactile about CD cases in particular; from the ridges at sides to the paper inserts. And the nostalgia factor helps.

20220420_164120.jpg20220420_164128.jpg

Love the anecdote about getting the soundtrack before watching the series. Did you listen to it before you started watching the show?

mosura

Sparkwood & 21
Apr 17, 2022
Mine is a pristine edition of the Dale Cooper tapes. Extra special because it lists the running time as "One Hour" when most copies list "45 minutes". I wasn't aware of this until after it arrived. Cool little bonus, along with it arriving in such immaculate condition. This thing is older than me!

View attachment 105View attachment 103

Not sure why a small minority have different running times listed but I believe @Jerry Horne has both versions and may be able to chime in.

I have that same disc as but it's the Japanese version. I totally get what you mean, it's one of the items I pick from the shelf most often. There's something so tactile about CD cases in particular; from the ridges at sides to the paper inserts. And the nostalgia factor helps.

View attachment 106View attachment 107

Love the anecdote about getting the soundtrack before watching the series. Did you listen to it before you started watching the show?
That’s nice! I noticed the Dale Cooper tapes was uploaded on Youtube, lucky since physical copies are a bit well, not exactly cheap.

There’s something nice in particular about owning CD soundtracks, I try and own the soundtracks to various media I enjoy. Recently it’s been collecting soundtracks from the video game series Silent Hill.

I did listen to the soundtrack before watching, I was immediately in love with Into the Night.
It was fun to imagine the context for each song before seeing it in the show. I remember being especially intrigued by Laura Palmer’s Theme, how ominous and melancholic it sounded. Imagine me watching the first episode and going oh, that’s why.

Jerry Horne

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
OG DUGPA MOD
Apr 12, 2022

View attachment 105View attachment 103

View attachment 106View attachment 107

I don't know. I assume it said one hour to start then with the next pressing they thought better and stated the actual running time.

Dooper

Sparkwood & 21
Apr 14, 2022
I'm not much of a collector of things but this is one of my favorites.

19687964.jpg

Even took the time to record some of the tape dialogue onto the microcassette for added authenticity. (The audio quality is terrible but it's still cool to me.)

Jerry Horne

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
OG DUGPA MOD
Apr 12, 2022
Officially licensed high end statues, action figures and cars on the way from Kausticplastik/Infinite.

Tulpa

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
ADMIN
Apr 11, 2022
Officially licensed high end statues, action figures and cars on the way from Kausticplastik/Infinite.
Oooo interesting.

Nice teaser on their FB page!

Their cover page has a Red Room teaser for San Diego Comic Con 2022. The big comic con.

I presume that's just a teaser for their own Twin Peaks product lineup to be on show there rather than a larger Twin Peaks presence?

292603823_5414148281981997_3306938847693876533_n.jpg

Last edited:

Tulpa

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
ADMIN
Apr 11, 2022
The tags suggest it's definitely Cooper.

"Prototype" suggests it's still a long way off.

Tulpa

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
ADMIN
Apr 11, 2022
Either that (new to me) or KausticPlastik have made a mistake.

Jordan Cole

White Lodge
Sep 22, 2022
This will seem weird. My favorite collector's item is a jar I have that contains a piece of Laura's Log and a piece of the "throne" at Jack Rabbit's Palace. Collected during one of my trips to the Twin Peaks locations last year. (That's my fiance in the photos.)

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 12.00.19 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-09-23 at 12.00.47 AM.png

IMG_5572.jpg

rainbowbattlekid

Sparkwood & 21
Sep 27, 2022
Hey all. I'm trying to make an accurate repro of the TP Sheriff Dept mugs from the original series, as seen here:

57c15f28c1d84578a92c16dd1ffda91a_1024x1024.jpg

I know there were some nice ones done in 2012 but they sold out pretty quick iirc. Does anyone happen to have a decent scan of the logo decal they used for these? Obviously you can buy stickers etc but they all seem to be more wide and less tall than the mug decal. this is the best pic i could get

actual decal.JPG

Thanks for any help!