Candie's Corner AKA The Random Twin Peaks Thread

Soolsma

Glastonbury Grove
Apr 13, 2022
Just for good fun. Let's get as random as it gets!

I'll quote our namesake Candie:
''There was so much traffic on the strip, it was incredible, there where cars everywhere''

Last edited:

Soolsma

Glastonbury Grove
Apr 13, 2022
ɟo ʎɹoɯǝɯ ɓuıʌol uı
1651114349069.png
(the original post in the random Twin Peaks thread, moved there by a moderator because wAtChLaR was just too damn RaNdOM)

Last edited:

Jasper

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
Apr 12, 2022
otgw_cn.jpg

Little known story:

A number of years ago I suggested that Michael J. Anderson watch the cartoon miniseries Over The Garden Wall. (This was in better times.) He liked it, and even briefly made a social media avatar of the younger brother character (who wears a teapot on his head).

This became the inspiration for Phillip Jeffries in the Return.

The first part of this is true.

Stavrogyn

White Lodge
Apr 12, 2022
I went to a friend's house for a barbecue party during the weekend, and what did I see in his garden...

IMG_2144.jpg

Last year he became a Twin Peaks and David Lynch fan thanks to me (he literally said that I changed his life), and he's aware of the wisteria rumors... It must mean something! :D

Stavrogyn

White Lodge
Apr 12, 2022
I was on the edge of my seat during that scene, thinking that Cooper might wake up at any moment... I was never as excited watching anything as during a few scenes like this in The Return.

OneMoreChapter

Special Agent
OG DUGPA MOD
Apr 12, 2022
I was just thinking, that clip cuts off one of the best moments - Belushi's reaction at the end. Followed the link to Youtube and see a few people have commented likewise.

OneMoreChapter

Special Agent
OG DUGPA MOD
Apr 12, 2022
Another funny one from reddit. Put this in the Season 4 thread first but it fits better here. I also don't think it fits in the reddit thread even though it comes from there. This is truly random lol. :D

Jasper

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
Apr 12, 2022
Here's a great one that I only just discovered.

☀️🏝️🌊🗿🌋🌴🦜🌺🍹🥥🍍

Jacoby’s Tiki Bar opened in a suburb of Sydney, Australia in 2017. It’s dedicated to both tiki culture and Twin Peaks, as it’s named for Dr. Jacoby and his tiki-themed home.

Dr. Jacoby also has a Hawaiian wife, Eolani, at least in the original run, though she’s only seen once, because she lives in Hawaii.

As a boy, Jacoby lived in Pearl Harbor with his mother, who changed her name to Leilani. (There was a hit song called Sweet Leilani around that time.)

Jacoby’s Tiki Bar has a very high 9.1 rating on Critiki, a site that maps and rates tiki bars/restaurants worldwide.

“This tiki bar in a suburb of Sydney, Australia opened in August 2017 by partners Pasan Wijesena, James Fury, Adrian Sanchez, and Stu Ellis. Inspired by the tiki-loving character Dr. Jacoby from Twin Peaks, the bar aims to deliver on nostalgia for both Polynesian Pop and the cult favorite television show. The walls are lined with matting and banana-leaf-motif wallpaper, the ceiling with straw matting, and the wooden back bar has several large mounted tikis carved in Queensland. Classic tropical drinks are served, some in tiki mugs.”

There are some photos at the Critiki link, including one showing a full-blown Black Lodge hallway with the curtains, chevron floor and everything.

Is anyone here in or near Sydney, or planning to visit the area?

saturn's child

RR Diner
Apr 17, 2022
Is anyone here in or near Sydney, or planning to visit the area?
I'm an hour or so west, in the mountains, but I was thinking of going to visit a friend in the city soon. She lives in the next suburb over, within walking distance; I'll definitely check it out & snap a few pics if/when I go!

Tulpa

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
ADMIN
Apr 11, 2022
I'm an hour or so west, in the mountains, but I was thinking of going to visit a friend in the city soon. She lives in the next suburb over, within walking distance; I'll definitely check it out & snap a few pics if/when I go!

Can't wait!

Start a thread on it and we can perhaps have a section or thread dedicated to all the TP-inspired venues across the world

saturn's child

RR Diner
Apr 17, 2022
Can't wait!

Start a thread on it and we can perhaps have a section or thread dedicated to all the TP-inspired venues across the world
Okay, the pressure's on now. 😅

I think I mentioned in another thread I'm a non-drinker for the moment, but this seems as good a reason as any to dip my toes. I do have covid at the moment though (mild, thankfully) so the visit has been postponed, but it's still on the cards!

Stavrogyn

White Lodge
Apr 12, 2022
I think I mentioned in another thread I'm a non-drinker for the moment, but this seems as good a reason as any to dip my toes. I do have covid at the moment though (mild, thankfully) so the visit has been postponed, but it's still on the cards!
I'm always the one to encourage others to indulge in vices, but you could go to the bar and have a non-alcoholic drink? I took a two-week pause from alcohol recently (I drank a lot of coffee instead), and I haven't been as productive in ages.

And good luck with your recovery! I hope all goes well 🤞

Jerry Horne

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
OG DUGPA MOD
Apr 12, 2022
Kimberly Ann Cole (Bendheim) (Lil the Dancer) recent photo:

Attachments

• kim_1.jpeg
    kim_1.jpeg
    133.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited: