Candie's Corner AKA The Random Twin Peaks Thread

saturn's child

RR Diner
Apr 17, 2022
I think it probably had to do with the attention Ben was paying to Laura making everyone uncomfortable. There’s a scripted scene for FWWM where Sylvia complains that Ben has a framed photo of Laura on his desk, but no photos of Audrey or Sylvia (which is indeed the case on the series). It doesn’t seem like he was super subtle.
It's been awhile since I've done a rewatch, but doesn't Ben have a night-time photo of Audrey standing against/behind a tree on his desk at some stage? I tried to find an image of it (to no avail) a long time ago, will screenshot when I eventually rewatch.

Mr. Reindeer

White Lodge
Apr 13, 2022
It's been awhile since I've done a rewatch, but doesn't Ben have a night-time photo of Audrey standing against/behind a tree on his desk at some stage? I tried to find an image of it (to no avail) a long time ago, will screenshot when I eventually rewatch.
You may be right. I see it in my mind’s eye. I’ll try to check at some point as well.

saturn's child

RR Diner
Apr 17, 2022
Just had a quick look through some episodes; you can see it in 11:
11screenshot.jpg

& 14:
14screenshot.jpg

I remember seeing it on maybe my first watch & wanting to see it clearer. It's always kind of stuck in my memory.

Mr. Reindeer

White Lodge
Apr 13, 2022
Just had a quick look through some episodes; you can see it in 11:
View attachment 644

& 14:
View attachment 645

I remember seeing it on maybe my first watch & wanting to see it clearer. It's always kind of stuck in my memory.
Yes! Once you mentioned the photo, I could remember it and see it. It’s so clearly a production still, and not at all a normal photo a father would have of his daughter, but simultaneously feels so indicative of Audrey’s personality.

Jerry Horne

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
OG DUGPA MOD
Apr 12, 2022
Twin Peaks: Avenging Cooper

Who cares what year it is...it's time to kick some ass!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-21 at 7.48.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-21 at 7.48.09 AM.png
    965.3 KB · Views: 19

Jasper

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
Apr 12, 2022
Lest we forget.

Twin Peaks Part 15 GIF by Twin Peaks on Showtime

“I sculpted that part of the machine that has that tea kettle spout thing, but I wish I’d just made it straight, because everybody thinks it’s a tea kettle. It’s just a machine.”
—David Lynch on Jeffries’ appearance in The Return
“It’s not a tea kettle. It’s a machine. I actually sculpted that shape, and people see it as a tea kettle, but it’s a machine. If you want to see it as that, that’s fine, too.”
—David Lynch on Jeffries, at the FYC International Emmy Awards