: - ) ALL All Things Peaks

Mr. Reindeer

White Lodge
Apr 13, 2022
I guess it could go either way. In the picture on the floor with Riley he/it is looking to the right, and the teeth appear to be closed and visible, while in the photo with Kyle, he/it is looking straight ahead with a gaping mouth showing no teeth, but a dummy could certainly be made to do these things.
2FDD0D73-A013-417A-A543-D6FC89D8B501.jpeg
Are you telling me this isn’t a real person?!

Having looked through the available footage on the Blu Ray, I agree with LateReg. Dummy all the way.

Soolsma

Glastonbury Grove
Apr 13, 2022
Just Kyle in the woodsmen shots (and for a bit that lump of whatever ^, used for superimposing the fading woodsmen over a non fading Coop), then dummy/actor in the shots with Good Ol Coop. It's very noticeable how the blood patterns change as well.
1678346668928.pngI think it might just be a double now too. Those hands look very dummy like. Except when Coop puts the ring on, that's definitely a real hand. Then in the next shots, the hands go back in dummy-esque position.1678348455986.png
What beats me is why would they use a dummy? Seems like a bigger hassle than just smearing a double with fake blood. Maybe because of the smoke generators and they didn't want an actual person on the floor with that much smoke around them.

Jordan Cole

White Lodge
Sep 22, 2022
Hey everyone! I just got back from Seattle, where I got MARRIED! But also something exciting was a few days before our wedding we went to the Laura Palmer house! We set it up beforehand with Mary and she gave us the full tour. It was INCREDIBLE! I HIGHLY recommend it to everyone here! She really makes it like a fun, legit tour. Puts the Twin Peaks music on, has Twin Peaks stuff all over the place and tons of stories!

We sat and talked to Mary for TWO HOURS and she's a really great, wonderful person. It was surreal to not just be in that house but hang out with a legitimate actor and character from Twin Peaks!

IMG_9865.jpgIMG_9762.jpgIMG_9792.jpgIMG_9969.jpg

A walk to Donna's house, same location as in FWWM!

IMG_9804.jpgIMG_9784.jpgIMG_9754.jpgIMG_9789.jpg

IN THE MIRROR!

IMG_9830.jpg

The Palmer family dining room, "wash your hands" scene

IMG_9835.jpg

Jordan Cole

White Lodge
Sep 22, 2022
What she's done with the house is so rad, especially with so many other locations being dismantled. And my god, the eager handwash!

It's funny because on our way there I was kidding and saying "she should have a photo of Laura Palmer on display!"...I had no idea she made several rooms of the house totally dedicated to Twin Peaks imagery and props and stuff.

eraserJoe

Great Northern Hotel
Apr 12, 2022
First of all, congratulations Jordan Cole!

Mary Reber is simply awesome. I've never met her but we did interact a little in a Twin Peaks facebook group a few years ago. I am so jealous. She just seems to be a lovely, down to earth person.

Great pictures! I especially like the one of you in the mirror, your wife walking to Donna's, and your wife washing her hands (haha), and ;-) ALL the rest. Thank you for sharing.

I own that Epi-log issue. They were known for their episode guides. I believe there are a few other errors in there, but that photo credit is the worst of them. I had that issue before I finished watching the series. At that time only the first season of Twin Peaks was available on vhs, before the big vhs boxed set of the entire series came out in 1993. So I was peeking at that episode guide. Didn't think the show would ever be seen again. Little did I know...

Jasper

Bureau HQ
TULPA MOD
Apr 12, 2022
Hey everyone! I just got back from Seattle

Major congratulations are in order. It's a beautiful thing when a boy and a girl get to visit the Palmer house!

I remember back when it was for sale. A situation like that could have gone a lot of different ways, not all of them good. Little did we know that the house would end up as the home of people as cool as the Rebers, let alone that they themselves would become a part of the world of Twin Peaks. Amazing.

P.S. Congratulations on getting hitched, too!

Jordan Cole

White Lodge
Sep 22, 2022
A situation like that could have gone a lot of different ways, not all of them good. Little did we know that the house would end up as the home of people as cool as the Rebers, let alone that they themselves would become a part of the world of Twin Peaks.

I don't want to go into detail, but it's really Reber, singular. It's all Mary and the other person is out of the picture.

Stavrogyn

White Lodge
Apr 12, 2022
Congratulations on getting married! @Jordan Cole :D

Really wonderful news, you seem like a happy couple. And thank you for sharing such great photos! I must agree with everything said above: Mary Reber seems really cool and is doing a lot for the Twin Peaks community... If I ever pay a visit to that part of the world, I'll make sure to go to the Laura Palmer house.

Many iconic places get sold and then demolished or turned into something else. Ten years ago in Paris, I wanted to visit the flat at 102 Boulevard Haussmann where Marcel Proust had lived from 1907 to 1919 - but the space belongs to a bank and is no longer open to visitors. (I had to settle for a photo in front of the plaque on the street). Hopefully, one day I manage to see the house in Illiers-Combray.

Last edited:

Jordan Cole

White Lodge
Sep 22, 2022
Congratulations on getting married! @Jordan Cole :D

Many iconic places get sold and then demolished or turned into something else. Ten years ago in Paris, I wanted to visit the flat at 102 Boulevard Haussmann where Marcel Proust had lived from 1907 to 1919 - but the space belongs to a bank and is no longer open to visitors. (I had to settle for a photo in front of the plaque on the street). Hopefully, one day I manage to see the house in Illiers-Combray.

Thanks so much!

Two years ago we were in San Franscisco and without planning it, a few blocks away from a handful of locations from Vertigo. We went to the iconic house and were incredibly disappointed that the new owners of it, sick of all the tourists and film buffs, put up a giant ugly wall in front of the house. Just awful! Here's a pic from it:

Screen Shot 2023-03-14 at 3.43.45 PM.png

David Locke

RR Diner
Apr 12, 2022
Congrats Jordan! And awesome photos! I've never been to the PNW but doing a Peaks tour is definitely on my bucket list. Especially the Snoqualmie Falls, which must be one of the most beautiful places on earth.

I wonder how weird it would feel to live in the Palmer home, especially if you're a Peaks fanatic like us. What do you guys think, if that house was on the market and in your price range would you happily live there or would it be too eerie? I'm not sure I could do it, I'd be expecting BOB around every corner and soon enough I'd lose all connection to reality and start declaring "we liiiivee insiiiideee a dreeeeaaam" to the cashier at the store when I'm buying my turkey jerky. :LOL:

eyeboogers

Glastonbury Grove
Apr 14, 2022
Just in case no one shared this at the time it was tweeted, an encounter between legends.

Attachments

• Tár.png
    Tár.png
    688.4 KB · Views: 37

Ickles

Waiting Room
Apr 12, 2022
Welcome to the board, Brett Goldstein! Love your work on Ted Lasso!

Goldstein was a comedy fan and collected Richard Pryor and Steve Martin albums. But in terms of film, he liked the dark stuff. Particularly horror. It was a TV show, though — “Twin Peaks” — that changed his life. Goldstein still remembers how he and his sister walked in on their dad watching the 1990 premiere and got hooked.

“We were so scared that I moved the mattress from my room into my sister’s and put it next to her bed. We were obsessed with the show and so genuinely terrified that we could scare ourselves just by saying ‘Bob,’” he says. “When they made ‘Fire Walk with Me,’ it genuinely took us a week to watch it because we could only watch it like 10-minute chunks at a time. It’s so fucking scary. I still love it. That final episode, nothing scarier in the history of TV. Can you top that?”

The show remains an obsession. “Here’s a secret about me that I don’t that I’ve told anyone. Here you go, here’s the scoop: People ask, ‘What do you do to relax?’ What always makes me happy is looking up ‘Twin Peaks’ fan theories.”

That’s right, if you’ve ever written some out-there theory about “Twin Peaks” on the internet, chances are good that Goldstein has seen it. “I love reading about ‘Twin Peaks.’ I love thinking about ‘Twin Peaks.’ It exists in my head now and forever.” (His thoughts on the recent revival? “Magnificent. Five stars. Incredible. How did it happen?”)

cowrus

Sparkwood & 21
Apr 12, 2022

Unsure if this is the correct place to share, but Janus Films made an… interesting tweet yesterday. Not unlike the ones they posted as teasers for their Inland Empire and Lost Highway restorations. The timing is very weird - the series’ anniversary was April 8th, and they used a promotional image made for Season 2.

It’d be fantastic if this implies a Criterion release of the original series/The Return, but it might also have something to do with that FWWM 4K listing discovered on Amazon France a few months back. 🤔🤔

eyeboogers

Glastonbury Grove
Apr 14, 2022
The only people that can be blamed for the drop of quality in mid-season two are Kyle MacLachlan and Lara Flynn Boyle. The writers knew what they were doing.