ORIGINAL SERIES A Room with a View?

OneMoreChapter

Special Agent
OG DUGPA MOD
Apr 12, 2022
I'd always assumed Cooper's hotel room has a view of the waterfall in front of the hotel. I believe he even says it does in Episode 1. Yet in this later episode (during mid-Season 2) we see a roof outside his window that looks like it would obstruct much of the view. Unless we're meant to think he can peer over it to see the waterfall - or perhaps there's another, unseen window providing that view.

So what do we think - does 315 have a view or not? Was this just less than stellar production design during the middle of Season 2? Do we ever see out these windows at other points? (I haven't gone through the episodes but will keep an eye out during a future rewatch.)

CooperRoomView1.jpgCooperRoomView2.jpg

Last edited:

Cappy

White Lodge
Aug 4, 2022
I had never noticed this before. Having half of his view blocked by this random roof structure is kind of funny. I wonder if original series production designer Richard Hoover would have anything interesting to say on this…

Cappy

White Lodge
Aug 4, 2022
I mean, this is the kind of thing you might expect living in an apartment in a densely populated metropolitan center, where buildings are almost right on top of each other. But in a rural town of 5k people?

Also, it’s hard to fathom what kind of room or structure this small piece of roof might correspond to.