INLAND EMPIRE 4K Restoration screenings

Ickles

White Lodge
Apr 12, 2022
It's possible it might be an easter egg kinda thing that you have to find on your own, not advertised...he said, hopefully.

AXX°N N.

Waiting Room
Apr 14, 2022
It's possible it might be an easter egg kinda thing that you have to find on your own, not advertised...he said, hopefully.
The old DVD had easter eggs laid personally by Jack Rabbit, it's true, but in my experience Easter Eggs have gone the way of the dodo.

cowrus

Sparkwood & 21
Apr 12, 2022
Full details:

• New HD digital master, made from the 4K restoration supervised by director David Lynch, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio and uncompressed stereo soundtracks, newly remastered by Lynch and original rerecording mixers Dean Hurley and Ron Eng
  • Two films from 2007, LYNCH (one) and LYNCH2, by blackANDwhite, the makers of David Lynch: The Art Life
  • New conversation between actors Laura Dern and Kyle MacLachlan
  • More Things That Happened, seventy-five minutes of extra scenes
  • Ballerina, a 2007 short film by Lynch
  • Reading by Lynch of excerpts from Room to Dream, his 2018 book with critic Kristine McKenna
  • Trailer
  • New English subtitle translation and English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • PLUS: Excerpts from Richard A. Barney’s book David Lynch: Interviews
Unfortunate there's no quinoa or Darkened Room bonus features, but I'm really glad More Things That Happened is included.
Also excited to watch the new Laura & Kyle conversation.

eyeboogers

Glastonbury Grove
Apr 14, 2022
Really bummed about "Quinoa" not being on there, hopefully it is hiding on the disc somewhere. One thing is "Darkned Room" being absent, but "Room to Dream" (the individually dvd released scene, not the book) is an actual "Inland Empire" outtake, would have been a worthy addition.

LateReg

Glastonbury Grove
Apr 12, 2022
I was glad to receive my Criterion copy of INLAND EMPIRE early, and watched it yesterday.

Of perplexing note for those interested is that the much-debated line about the 19/90-year old niece has been altered. It seems clearly intentional, and now plays as: "It's the, uh, niece..." The piece of dialogue concerning her age that should precede the word 'niece' has been removed.

Whoever wants to get the bottom of this, please do! Perhaps Lynch felt that the line was too distracting since the age mentioned was unclear, or perhaps he thought that it gave something away. I have no idea what to make of this, especially since he isn't one for going back and altering his films. It's so unexpected for him you might say this is the equivalent of him George Lucas-ing it! (Kidding, of course, but you get what I mean.)